Wednesday, January 13, 2010

You know what really grinds my gears?

(ala Peter Griffin)

Lady Gaga.

Lets be honest with ourselves. This women is scary.
I know, I know, someone with the least bit of talent comes along and we just GLOM (its a real word, look it up!) on to them, regardless of what appears to be clear multiple personalities disorder. Not that having that disorder makes you a bad person, however when we idolize this:



We drop a few notches on the evolutionary scale.

Imagine you're on your way to work. You jump on the bus (or whatever) and you see this person. Imagine the horror we would all experience if this person was trying to pass through airport security.

What she wear just compounds my point.
Have you ever actually listened to the lyrics of her songs? Before your brain starts bleeding you're assaulted with gem's like

"My telephone my telephone
My telephone my telephone
My telephone my telephone (is going out the window)"

or
"P-p-p-poker face, p-p-poker face
P-p-p-poker face, p-p-poker face
(She's got to love nobody)

P-p-p-poker face, p-p-poker face
(Mum mum mum mah)
P-p-p-poker face, p-p-poker face
(Mum mum mum mah)

P-p-p-poker face, p-p-poker face
(Mum mum mum mah)
P-p-p-poker face, p-p-poker face
(Mum mum mum mah)"

WOW. All that talent. yeah...

So lets recap. Scary woman who can carry a tune becomes an icon.
And thats what really grinds my gears.

2 comments:

  1. Love the FG reference. Don't forget to mention that we should all hate her because she to mad out with ERIC FROM TRUEBLOOD in her Paparazzi video! That alone constitutes banishment from pop culture society! That man is mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm excuse me made out* sorry kinda early

    ReplyDelete