Monday, February 22, 2010

Trash

There are a lot (A LOT) of things that really make me angry. One of them is calling people names because of their occupation. No individual is any less of a person because they hold the best job that they can.

*Note: those who hunt whales or do gruesome things to animals: sorry folks, you're not part of who I'm talking about. You guys make me pretty sick.

Point: having spent a lot of time watching Dirty Jobs and (obviously) Deadliest Catch, I have a bigger respect for those who collect my trash, clean my water, and generally help make my life as easy as it is. I'm writing this because when I was reading about Jake Harris, son of the late skipper Phil Harris, getting a DUI last week, I read the comments people made about the story. Here is what made me write this:

Teeneer
Fri 02/19/10 7:41 PM

Good. White trash son of a white trash man who killed animals for sports, fun, and food. Good riddance to both of them

I don't know where to start with this. Sentence structure, punctuation, lack of soul, and overall asshatness just overwhelms me. Not only is this person GLAD another individual died, but, as far as I can tell, wouldn't mind if Jake died. It's sick all over, and what further creeps me out/ enrages me is calling the poor man white trash because he doesn't have a job in corporate America. I don't know what teeneer does, but I really can't imagine it's anything substantial, mostly because people have a 6th sense about SERIAL KILLERS and since this person seems to lack anything human, I'm going with serial killer. I'll apoogize if I'm mistaken and their some PETA loving, mouth breathing, bore of an accountant or something but until I see proof that this person is anything to the contrary they get this super cool label:



Wear it proudly my friend- you EARNED this one.

Comment about how much you think Teeneer blows here, or voice your opinion on sorta famous/ really famous people breaking the law. It always seems to spark an interesting debate! deeeeeeebate

Of course I think the kid made a mistake- he could have killed someone. I can't imagine how hard it is to lose your father, and so suddenly, but thats no excuse to take away some other kids father in a drunk driving crash now is it Jake? No. BUT- I'm not going to go call him, his family, or anyone else who works a job that would kick the average Americans hiney white trash.

Neither should you.
Don't drink and drive.
Don't be a douche.
Respect those who don't work glamorous jobs. Unless you want to make sure the sewers under the city streets are working properly and aren't getting blocked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment