Thursday, February 11, 2010

What Really Grinds My Gears

You know what really grinds my gears? Women. Specifically? Women who set us back 250 years.

I'm watching Tyra (Yes- I know....) and its all about birth marks and 'loving yourself'. I'm a fan of loving oneself and am glad that whether its Tyra or Oprah, women, especially the young ones should always be encouraged to embrace what makes them who they are.

I have a birth mark- lovingly (and technically) called a Port Wine Stain.

Ta Da

I have always had a love hate relationship with this thing. I would say 3 times out of 10 I think about it when getting ready to go out and put make up on but after that- its OTHER people who have a problem with it. From every stupid boy and nasty girl growing up who discovered the word herpes, to someone actually being nice at a pageant who thought it was lipstick and tried to rub it off, other people just seem to notice this thing.

But back to the point, this chick on Tyra has the same thing, same side, albeit a little darker, and was just bat shit crazy about it. She never took her make up off: showered with make up, slept with make up, wouldn't kiss her husband (who has never EVER seen the mark) too hard in case her make up smeared. I get sometimes being self conscious about it. I get being teased (and I mean who has NEVER been teased? seriously who?) and how that has a bit of a lasting effect but really lady? All that? And then to go on Tyra about it and have this big 'reveal' to your freaked out husband? Now if she was smart it was all an act and she played along thinking that Tyra would have someone take it off- for free (which is exactly what happened, lucky...) but I really REALLY don't think she was playing. I think this women was THAT bent out of shape. I'd like to point out to her that people get our little 'stains' all over their body. Their ENTIRE body- just huge purple marks. Try going through high school with that hun.

You know what really grinds my gears? People don't appreciate what beauty they have.

In honor of my face- I'm going make up free to dinner.
roooooock it

No comments:

Post a Comment